Saturday, October 23, 2010

Laura has finished her race and I can't wait for her to come home. I think I'm a pretty needy person when my spouse leaves or I leave. I miss having the feeling of safety when I am with my wife. I sure have kept myself busy though. Tonight I am taking a break and just watching some TV. Tomorrow I turn 40 years old and I'm not really looking forward to celebrating it by doing nothing. I have always wanted someone to make a big deal about my birthday and I think every year I am more disappointed. I think my most memorable birthday was my 1st birthday on my mission. I had been in one area for about 6 months and I had made a lot of friends with the people in my area and they were ready to give me a birthday get together. I was so looking forward to it. I got transferred a few weeks before my birthday. I was so disappointed. So in my new area I really didn't know anyone. On my birthday my companion told me that we needed to go to the church to do something. While we were there some kids that we had been trying to teach brought me a cake and sang happy birthday to me. I was very excited, my first and probably only surprise birthday. My wife thinks I'm kinda whiny about it and I think she is right. LOL

No comments: